Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

endothermic/exothermic hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fate
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: endothermic/exothermic hell Reply with quote

as promised to those who know what i'm talking about here's the full text of it:
http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~cslui/JOKE/hell.html although other variations exist

to those who don't know what I'm talking about here's an intro, click the link for full text::
Quote:
Thermodynamic Question: Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

Dr. Schambaugh, of the University of Oklahoma School of Chemical Engineering, final Exam question for May of 1997. Dr. Schambaugh is known for asking questions such as, "Why do airplanes fly?" on his final exams. His one and only final exam question in May 1997 for his Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer II class was: "Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with proof." Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

Most of the time its easier to get along with people before you get to know them.
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... just when my student is working through thermodynamics Very Happy.
Katrina
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive. But I must add my (mostly philosophical) arguments just because I have no physics knowledge to argue about anything else and I'm assuming it's correct anyway.

Quote:
If souls exist, then they must have some mass.
Not nessesarily. Many people would argue that souls are not of the physical realm, but of the spiritual one, and therefore have no mass.

Quote:
Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell.
This logic hinges on the basis that all religons are true. Since several religons state that their is the one true God and no others exists, they can't possibly be all true.

Quote:
If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true.
Well, we can't know for sure yet. She may either fall hopelessfly in love with the one person who got an A in this class or hate him forever for writing an essay with her name it for everyone to see. Yet somehow the state of hell rests on her decision. What a responsibility. Rolling Eyes
Jastermereel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS A JOKE!!!

Might i also add that the chicken may not have actually crossed the road, a potentialy wrong assumption the original joke makes...
Katrina
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I know it was a joke. Razz I didn't mean for any of my counter-arguments to be very serious either. It just seemed like fun. (Do I come off as entirely too serious when I'm posting??)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: