Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OJ's "If I Did It" rights bought by victim's famil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jastermereel
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: OJ's "If I Did It" rights bought by victim's famil Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/03/AR2007070300037.html

Quote:
The family of Ron Goldman has purchased the rights to O.J. Simpson?s canceled book, ?If I Did It,? from a court-appointed bankruptcy trustee in a settlement reached Monday.

The book rights will be held in the name of Ron Goldman LLC, Goldman family attorney David Cook said.

Goldman was slain along with Simpson?s ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, in 1994. The former football star has maintained his innocence. He was acquitted of murder, but Goldman?s family won a civil wrongful death case against him now totaling more than $33 million.

?Ron Goldman LLC will own Simpson?s name, likeness, signature and story and will hawk it to satisfy this terrible judgment. Justice has arrived in Miami,? Cook said.

The Goldmans own the copyright, media rights and movie rights. They also acquired Simpson?s name, likeness, life story and right of publicity in connection with the book, according to court documents.

The Goldmans want to rename the book ?Confessions of a Double Murderer? and plan to shop it around, Cook said.

Emphasis added
The old Jastermereel account seems to have been killed in an unfortunate email changing accident. I am an illegal clone manufactured on a little known island state off the coast of...well...never you mind. Pretend nothing happened and you won't have to face the combined wrath of the Guild of Calamitous Intent and the League of Awesomeness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: