Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book: Worthing Saga

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogri
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Book: Worthing Saga Reply with quote

Worthing Saga
Orson Scott Card

A story within a story, this is a tale of a telepathic person, his quest to settle a world, and how he tried to build it; and later how his children brought peace to the universe, and how he put a stop to it. A classic Card novel, takes a lot of the feel from Homecoming, but has a touch of Ender's Game in it. A nice read, kind of on the short side.

4.5 / 5 stars Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is over 6 years old now... but I just read it.
Found it a bit too much like Card's later books (which I guess it is)... too much psychological / how society works type craziness for me... still a nice read though. I prefer Card's earlier works... much more simple and more easy to enjoy. 3/5
Mogri
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just finished his Treason book... would not particularly recommend it though. The basis for the story seemed interesting and it paced pretty well, but several parts of it were pretty out there and weird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: