Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cor's Artsness thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, there's lots of stuff I could've done, but it wasn't supposed to be that big of a project. As it is, I've done more than most of the people anyway, and I'm not really looking at this as a portfolio piece or anything. I probably should've pointed that out originally, sorry.

Ont the self-p: I was wondering about the neck bit, but I thought it didn't clash too much considering the lines along the shade edge and around the eye socket. I'll reconsider that, though.
"Instead, it has always been there. I found it during the CT scan last year, when the mummy was lifted. It lay loose in the sand around the king's body. It was mummified," Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News.
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Product of about two hour's work with a model. Got some props from the professor on this one, so I figured I'd post it. It was an in-class execise, so I doubt I'm going to work it any more. Charcoal and pastels, some blurriness due to photo:

"Instead, it has always been there. I found it during the CT scan last year, when the mummy was lifted. It lay loose in the sand around the king's body. It was mummified," Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News.
fate
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a nice handling of volume here, the shading works well. You should be more carefull of the relative positioning/proportions/perspective of the figure and its parts. Most notable, it seems as if the figure is both turned slightly towards the viwer and slightly away(but in the same spot) which is probably due to a bit of akwardness in the right leg. I didn't see the model so i don't really know how t's supposed to go but it seems to be too long in the thigh area proportion-wise.

anywho, neat, especially with the musculature shading

Most of the time its easier to get along with people before you get to know them.
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got sloppy on the proportions - I didn't take the time to lay out a good gesture before moving into the outlines. The thigh is angled right (she had it sort of "tucked in" a bit), but it is way too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: