Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

set up gallery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: set up gallery Reply with quote

upon suggestion I've set up the gallery thing on my site. As it turns out dreamhosts provides a one-click install for it that pretty much just worked. I haven't really played with any config settings yet...and not sure how to let people post comments on pics yet...or if that's possible. There are two albums up right now...thanksgiving2005 and otakon2005. Eventually I'll try to put up all my pics through that. Also all user registration gets to be uprooved by me so register and I'll let you in to post ur own pics on there too. Hope ppl find this useful.

http://www.gallery.troolstudio.com/main.php

--Isaac Asimov
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corgen has been activated...i don't know if that thing send u an email or not...tell me if it does...or i'll just post whenever i activate anyone in here...

--Isaac Asimov
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no e-mail as yet, but it's letting me log in (just to confirm).

Wierd -- When I logged in, it looked the same as before, but when I switched to View: guest mode (NOT logout), an option popped up next to the slideshow links to add comments.

Edit: and then the comment apparently doesn't show up... unless it gets sent for approval first?
"Instead, it has always been there. I found it during the CT scan last year, when the mummy was lifted. It lay loose in the sand around the king's body. It was mummified," Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News.
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah i can't figure that one out either. I think i've set the options correctly, but I can't seem to bring up the comments...and the help on the gallery site isn't terribly helpful. If anyone has ideas please post. Otherwise I might post in their message board and ask for help that way. I think the only advantage one gets for signing up is to post comments and to add their own galleries...i think i'm letting ppl upload stuff to the site...so if anyone tries and can't tell me and i'll try to fix it...that was my intention anyway....

--Isaac Asimov
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was keeping an eye open for any option like that, but didn't see it.
"Instead, it has always been there. I found it during the CT scan last year, when the mummy was lifted. It lay loose in the sand around the king's body. It was mummified," Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News.
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all right give it a shot now...I opened up everything to registered members so ppl can go in and change, update, and delete all items...supposedly. So check it out and see what happens. I think the you don't get a confirmation once I activate you through the admin page, so I'll just post here whenever I activate someone who registers...

--Isaac Asimov
Corgren
Good Luck
Good Luck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it all works now; more options listed, and the test-comment worked this time. Also, the display mode username vs. guest mode thing looks to be fixed too.
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess it just takes a while for the comments to propegate for some reason... still whenever I put up a new comment i don't see it, but now I can see all the test ones i made yesterday....wierd...

--Isaac Asimov
fate
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gallery seems to be running very slow

Most of the time its easier to get along with people before you get to know them.
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just got back away from secret lab, and everything appears to be ok...though the front page took about ten secs to load, but the image browsing is not too bad. I checked dreamhost forums and there appears to have been a problem that according to the forums was resolved around 12:30. When'd u try to access the site and is it still as slow as it was before. If yes, I'll file a report with them. Thanks for noticing...

--Isaac Asimov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: