Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

world jump day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fate
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: world jump day Reply with quote

http://www.worldjumpday.org/

Most of the time its easier to get along with people before you get to know them.
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's not right about this... my opinion it's impossible for this to work. You cannot discount your gravity on the earth. Also looking at the people/earth as a system, an internal force (jumping) cannot change the trajectory of the center of mass. If you launched off the earth, than yes you can change the orbit.... I'm not seeing how landing back on the earth can do it.
Am I missing something here????
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of... is the slight change in height of a jump in relations to true gravity (dependent on distance) from the sun. If you jump, gravity increases as you jump upwards, from the sun, and less on the earth.... but eh.... I don'tt hink that even works, I think it equates out in the long run... essentially that just says that your jump takes slightly longer to complete... I don't get it.
fate
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't the whole concept fundamentally flawed because the people jumping are around the world instead of on one side of it...?

Most of the time its easier to get along with people before you get to know them.
Jastermereel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fate wrote:
isn't the whole concept fundamentally flawed because the people jumping are around the world instead of on one side of it...?

The site gives times and dates to jump given one's time zone. This would correct the problem you mention but......the rest of it? I dunno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> What's Going On? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: