Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PID Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Things of interest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: PID Control Reply with quote

Who here knows about PID control?
I'm currently using PID control to navigate my robots. PID Stands for Proportional, Integral, and Derivative Control.
Basically you take your input information (in a differential drive you use left speed and right speed... as well as various other information such as width or robot) and turn it into 3 numbers that you want to zero.

Proportional I think is somewhat obvious that would be the velocity difference of each wheel and corresponds to how much your robot will tend to curve.

Integral keeps track of how far off of the center line your robot is. So if you wish to travel in a s traight light your Integral should be zero. To calculate this just calculate the itnegral of the proportional.

Derivative is a dampening factor. To prevent overcompensation (which results in increasing waviness of the path) you want to have some sort of dampening.

It's a very good way to fixing deadreckoning and making robots move where u want it to move.

For more information: http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200108/using_a_pid.html

If you want to see my sample code please ask Smile.
Mogri
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the 3 things into account seems like a great idea. What other methods are there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trool
Good Karma
Good Karma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r u writing ur code i C for this??

--Isaac Asimov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Things of interest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: