Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index Shiny Doom Forum
Forum content does NOT necessarily reflect the views of the Admins of this forum. Read at your own risk.
Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOM doom doom doom

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Galileo probe destroyed to prevent microbes from reaching Ip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Things of interest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogri
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Galileo probe destroyed to prevent microbes from reaching Ip Reply with quote

I knew they were letting Galileo burn up in Jupiter's atmosphere, but I didn't know why... This explains it a little, along with a short eulogy of sorts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3109892.stm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rklee
Uber-Karma
Uber-Karma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this and was thinking about the cost issue... Gallileo cost about 1.5 billion dollars (back then... so it's a bit more but still today's technology's a lot better and so a better one could be built for less I Think). ISS is going to cost the world approx 150 billion dollars. One of the most advanced Fusion test reactors that will be built will cost approx 5 billion dollars (ITER program) http://www.qualityimporting.com/rklee/Fusion%20Power_files/frame.htm
. The High Intensity Laser missile defense system being created in the middle east will cost less than 1 billion dollars. How much are we/have we spent in iraq??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shiny Doom Forum Forum Index -> Things of interest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: